All Natural Granola is the perfect topping for yoghurt, a crunchy addition to overnight oats, or simply a natural version of your usual sugary shop-bought granola. Naturally low in sugar, and packed full of goodness.
At the bottom of this page I have included a high protein breakfast idea using this All Natural Granola. It’s also a great addition to your pre-workout snack, or an energy boost on those busy days.
Makes 750g of All Natural Granola (A large jar full)…
– 300g Wholegrain Oats
– 125g Pecan Nuts
– 100g Almonds
– 100g Pumpkin Seeds
– 100g Sunflower Seeds
– 3tbsp Coconut Oil
– 3tbsp Raw Natural Honey
– 2tsp Cinnamon
- Place the almonds and pecans in a blender and pulse until the nuts are roughly chopped – I recommend doing this in batches rather than all in one go to prevent the nuts at the bottom being blended to dust!
- Place the roughly chopped nuts into a bowl, stir in the oats, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon until it is runny and combined.
- Pour the melted mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/ gas mark 4. Line 3-4 baking trays with baking parchment. Spread the granola mix onto the baking parchment. Don’t layer it too thickly, as you want it to bake evenly.
- Place the trays into the oven, and bake the granola for 30-40 minutes. Move the granola around on the trays regularly to stop the edges from burning. If you’re baking several trays at once, you will need to swap the tray positions in the oven to get an even bake. Bake until the granola is lightly golden.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight jar.
Super Filling Berry Oats Bowl
High Protein, low sugar, natural and full of energy
- 25g Oats
- 75ml Milk
- 100g Fage 0% Greek Yoghurt
- 40g Raspberries or Blueberries (or a mixture)
- 25g All Natural Granola (above)
Combine the oats and milk in a bowl. Spoon the yoghurt and berries on top. You can refrigerate at this stage if you want a thicker consistency. If refrigerating overnight to make overnight oats you may need to add a little more milk. Sprinkle granola over the top before serving.