This avocado chive sauce is really versatile. I enjoy it with raw veggies as a dip, with salads, omlettes, fish, chicken…..
You can make it as a thick dip, or add more milk to give it a sauce or dressing consistency.
Keep it in the fridge in a sealed mason jar and it’ll last for at least a week, because it’s preserved by the lemon juice and olive oil. It’s really handy to have prepared for use throughout the week.
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 350g thick natural greek yoghurt (such as Fage)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Half a tsp of dried parsley
- Half a garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk (or more if you want a thinner consistency)
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place avocado, greek yoghurt, chives, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Add milk and blend again.
Add small amounts of the olive oil at a time, blending in between, until all of the oil has been added.
Taste and season as required.