This recipe for Garlic and Rosemary Roasted Squash and Tomatoes is a great one for busy weeks when you need pre-prepared dishes ready to throw meal combinations together throughout the week.
I made this tray at the beginning of the week, and used it for the following meals;
– Prawn and Feta Salad (Click for Recipe)
– Breakfast Hash; I took a portion of the squash and tomatoes and fried it in coconut oil with pancetta, mushrooms, spinach, and sugar snap peas to make a breakfast hash, then topped it with avocado.
– Lunch; I fried another portion in coconut oil with sugar snaps, mushrooms, sweetcorn, pancetta, and topped it with a poached egg.
– Breakfast Salad; I added a potion to a breakfast salad with spinach, sweetcorn, courgette noodles, spring onion, pesto coated olives, feta cheese and ham hock.
– Lunch Box; I added a portion to my lunch box ham hock salad.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 6 medium vine tomatoes
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Peel, remove the seeds, and chop the butternut squash.
Place the coconut oil in a roasting tray and put in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the oil.
Place the squash and tomatoes in the tray and move them aroud to coat with oil. Sprinkle over some of the rosemary leaves, and place the stalk with any remaining leaves on it into the tray. Crush the garlic cloves onto the veg. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the tray in the oven. Roast for approx. 45 minutes, until the squash is tender. You may want to turn the heat up towards the end of cooking to give the squash a slightly crispy outside.