These balsamic sausages are proper comfort food. The recipe is full of flavour, with a hint of spice. I like to serve them with baked sweet potato or carrot fries for a filling and warming meal. The recipe uses 6 sausages, but you could add more sausages to increase the number of servings as I find there is plenty of sauce with this recipe. Being a single gal and only having to cook for myself, the recipe makes three huge portions and can be kept in the fridge or frozen.
- 6 sausages (I use 97% outdoor bred pork, wheat free, gluten free, dairy free sausages)
- 3 peppers (red, yellow, and green)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion (brown or red)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Handful of basil leaves
Watch the short video below for how to make this delicious recipe.